slow pages

Freestyler 18:12 01 Jul 05

I have just had a netgear DG834GTUK router installed on the LAN connection
and now I can't access Hotmail, or get messages from Outlook express.
Also "my Ebay" won't load although the website is OK. Plus net pages do load but very slowly (dial up speeds)
I have a laptop on the wireless connection(same router) and that works OK
all other sites are OK . It seems anything with a log in requirement seems to have problems. any ideas

alltime 18:53 01 Jul 05

I know exactly what you mean. Since I have had my Belkin Modem/Router I get the same . Maybe someone on this site will know the answer!

alltime 18:57 01 Jul 05

It took 26 seconds to load my last response, by the way the speed is my problem nothing else.

woodchip 18:59 01 Jul 05

Turn your firwall off and see if it works

alltime 19:10 01 Jul 05

Ive just ran this that VoG recommended on another thread, Its worked wonders

click here

VoG II 19:12 01 Jul 05

Freestyler 22:42 01 Jul 05

Thanks all,Switched the fire wall to allow all and the problem with the slow loading seems to have gone, I can now access "My Ebay" with password etc. as a matter of interest, can any one explain why this should allow you onto Ebay but tell you the user name or password is incorrect when the firewall is active.
I still have the problem that outlook express cannot find a connection to download my Emails although I can now connect to the hotmail website to obtain Emails.

woodchip 22:58 01 Jul 05

There may be somthing wrong with OE settings, Accounts that is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…