Slow Orange Livebox ????

mikegm7 12:40 07 Feb 09

Approx 3 months ago, I changed ISP's from F9(plusnet) to Orange Livebox(a good financial deal!) However, if I look at BBC's iPlayer,it intermittently freezes.(As does any film trailer) My question is this, would one of the newer MIMO routers improve things, having a greater & stronger signal range?

ashleycardwell94 00:37 10 Sep 09

its not"a greater & stronger signal range?", the content you are trying to watch is buffering, this causes the freezing because the player has ran out of data to show you, it then buffers some more and then plays a bit more. try using an Ethernet cable, if this still happens then you just have a slow internet connection, if it doesn't happen, i would advise upgrading your router or while watching something, pause it just after it started and leave it for 5 minutes,this will give it time to buffer and get enough ahead so that it wont need to freeze because while you are watching it it will be buffering, but because you waited it will have plenty of data to show you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…