Slow or no Connection to IE7

birdface 19:46 25 Nov 07

Hi,I am getting slow or no connection to IE7,Not all the time,But a pain in the backside nevertheless,click here See if that shows or,probably not.Just says no connection to server.or to many programs open,and that is the only one that I have tried.I thought it might be the modem[Virgin] as it just sits there with the four lights not moving or occasionally moving .Anybody tell me if this is more likely to be an IE7 .Or a Modem problem,Had the engineer out during the week to sort the telly,He also checked the cable going into the Modem and said the signal was Ok.At 25p a minute I don't really want to be phoning Virgin I already told them that I needed a new Modem ,But was told to phone them back when the problem started again,But because this is a sporadic problem it is hard to pin down,Apart from moving servers,Anybody got any other Idea's

Paul M 19:58 25 Nov 07

Have you had IE7 long? - if you think it may be IE7 causing the problem, go to add/remove programs and remove it - it will then automatically revert to IE6 - worth a try.

birdface 19:59 25 Nov 07

No,that click here did not work,It was just the unable to connect to server page,

birdface 20:02 25 Nov 07

I had problems at the beginning of the month not being able to open my home page only, So I went back to IE6 then re-installed IE7 again,But a good Idea if it works better,May try it if all else fails. Thanks.

Halmer 20:13 25 Nov 07

as an alternative?

click here

I think that it is excellent!

birdface 20:23 25 Nov 07

Yes thanks,I tried Firefox but the constant blue background that you get on this site put me off and I uninstalled it.,I also tried Opera and that was worse.So reverted back to IE7 so I have a choice Slow browsing with IE7 or blue background with FireFox,I also found FireFox a bit slow at times as well.That it why I thought it was the Modem that was the problem.I dont suppose there is any way of checking that is there.

birdface 19:07 26 Nov 07

Hi,Still getting the same problem.I don't know if it's a Virgin.IE7.Or Modem problem.But with IE7 I keep getting cut off when trying to open new pages,No connection to server it says. It makes me double post a lot.Anyone any Idea's.msconfig is fine.I have Avg-Anti-Virus and A Squared.Also SpywareBlaster WinPatrol.And mcAfee Site Advisor.+ Kerio Firewall.And mostly Microsoft Programs and up-Dates in Add-Remove.

birdface 19:08 26 Nov 07

Hi,Still getting the same problem.I don't know if it's a Virgin.IE7.Or Modem problem.But with IE7 I keep getting cut off when trying to open new pages,No connection to server it says. It makes me double post a lot.Anyone any Idea's.msconfig is fine.I have Avg-Anti-Virus and A Squared.Also SpywareBlaster WinPatrol.And mcAfee Site Advisor.+ Kerio Firewall.And mostly Microsoft Programs and up-Dates in Add-Remove.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…