Slow or distorted sound on DVD playback

Michael-212311 15:08 14 Mar 07

Recently the sound seems distorted (perhaps slow) on DVD playback (through any DVD player installed) on my pc. It runs XP home and MS Media Player 11 (also Itunes/Realplayer and loads of other software).

I have swapped the DVD player/Sound Card (Soundblaster Live)/Speakers from another computer. Also reinstalled Media Player and the Soundblaster software.

I was wondering if it is a conflict between players or a codec issue (but MS Media Player is supposed to come with correct codecs so?)

Any suggestions?

baldtaco 15:44 14 Mar 07

Try the below. It is outstanding product and you don't need external codecs:

click here

Michael-212311 12:11 15 Mar 07

Tried that media player but it is just the same - playback seems slow particularly the sound.

rick808 12:24 15 Mar 07

Try here - click here
Have used this to correct sound issues with DVD's before
Also try - click here

baldtaco 14:24 16 Mar 07

Epsilis, hola

Strange. That being self contained should eliminate a codec issue.

New track then. Is there any difference between playing a DVD from your HD and playing one from disk?

Michael-212311 15:45 19 Mar 07

Baldtaco

Videos coming from the HD seem ok, but not from the DVD. Now there are 2 HDs and 2 removable drives (1 CD and 1 DVD).

baldtaco 21:53 19 Mar 07

Epsilis

My next move would to be to remove the offending drive in Device Manager and reboot.

Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/System/Hardware tab/Device Manager

Michael-212311 15:54 20 Mar 07

Baldtaco,

Uninstalled the dvd in device manager - restarted - device was reinstalled automatically and the result is the same.

What about swapping the cables around as there are 4 drives in the machine. The CD and DVD drives have direct cable connections to the sound card as well. I was thinking of removing these.

postie24 16:05 20 Mar 07

Try resetting the dma click here

Michael-212311 16:27 20 Mar 07

Baldtaco,

That seems to have fixed it. Many thanks for your help

baldtaco 13:07 21 Mar 07

Epsilis

Pleasure. Glad you nailed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…