slow loading and page freezing

portor77 23:15 02 Oct 03

my pc lately has been real slow at loading pages,if at all and has frozen a lot on the internet. i dont know if its my pc or my isp(which isnt very good).
im running windows 98 2nd edition on aol 8.0

any ideas please?

JIM 00:53 03 Oct 03

YOUR Aol files may be in a mess or corrupt,may be quicker to uninstall then reunnstall the AOL software.

Nothing to loose and all fice will be safe if you select to save personal folder to the desktop

User-312386 01:08 03 Oct 03

sounds like your tempororay file cache is full

empty all temp files and clear history

Djohn 01:18 03 Oct 03

Bring up the AOL desktop, but do not sign on. Click on settings, then preferences. From the window that comes up, click on "Fonts,Text, Graphics". At the bottom of this window you will see a little box with the number 40, reduce this to 5, then click on save and turn off your AOL desktop from the red X "top right".

Open the page again go back to the Fonts, Text and graphics and reset to 40, click on save, close the window again, then bring it back up and sign on. You will now see all your text and graphics rebuilt on-screen as the page loads. This should put everything back to normal. j.

portor77 09:13 03 Oct 03

i uninstall and re install aol a lot to try to solve the problem, and empty my temp internet files daily.still no difference

portor77 09:18 03 Oct 03

ok djohn,have not tried that one lol.many thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…