Slow loading of internet explorer

Richmond34 16:44 15 Jul 04

I am running windows XP pro on a new PC (2.8GHz 512MB RAM) attached to the internet via LAN to a router and firewall and ADSL connection. When I first staretd using it it was lightnening fast compared to my old PC. Now, a month later, it takes between 5 and 10 seconds to load internet explorer before I start browsing the web. Any ideas what can have happened?

I have set IE6 to load a blank page on startup, so it is definitely a problem local to my machine. It is just as slow loading it as the first program I open after booting up, as when I try to open it later after several hours PC use. I do not save history - I regularly clean up my cookies and temp files. I run Adaware regularly too. I have tried deleting all the favourites I created - had no effect. I have increased the virtual memory to 500MB - no effect.

Any ideas whay it shoudl have slowed and what I could do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…