Slow Load up of PC

amyjen7 18:17 03 Mar 14

My PC takes over 5 mins to load. Yes its over 7 years old and I have Norton Internet Security 2014 but no games. TuneUp Utilities 2014 is able to identify the programmes that load but I am worried I may turn off something I shouldn’t. These programmes are “Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour, Business Contract Manager, Firebird SQL Server Magix, Microsoft Office Communication-Professional-SQL Server VSS Write, Mobile Control Panel, HP Update and Play Memories. I ru Vista Home premium and Have Explorer 11 Help would be very much appreciated Keith

tullie 18:52 03 Mar 14

The only thing you need on startup is your antivirus.

jaywoo 18:54 03 Mar 14

The Apple stuff is usually installed with iTunes, some can be removed but iTunes will complain so probably best to leave it. The others, sounds like Business edition of Microsoft Office (business contact manager, office SQL) - unless you need to keep track of hundreds of contacts in Outlook or something it's highly unlikely you need that running, then some HP bundled software which you could disable even if you don't uninstall it.

Vista needs at least 2GB of memory to run comfortably, there's not much you can do to speed it up significantly if you have less than that installed. Go to Start Menu/Control Panel/System to see how much memory is installed.

Get yourself a copy of CCleaner, you can save a list of installed programs to a text file to upload here. (Under Tools/save to txt file). Be sure to untick the optional bundled toolbar during CCleaner installation.

NortonSupport 13:57 04 Mar 14

Hello,

Is the computer slow only at startup? Did you try the Startup Manager feature in your Norton product. You can set programs for Delay Start, so that it won't load when the computer starts up.

You can open the Norton product, click Performance to find this feature.

For more information, read: click here me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Vineeth Norton Support

Let

vahaa 05:42 30 Mar 14

The most effective method for speeding up a comp where possible is just format the hard disk. Also check to see if you have any useless programs. Uninstall them. Run disk cleanup. Check to see what you have in your temp. Generally have a clear up of your hard disk.If your internet is slow, you should scan your computer for viruses and spyware using suitable programs(for example- avast anti virus or spybot). If you still experience the same problem I would advise you to delete the computer after backing it up, and then installing a new copy of Windows. if your problem is with programs running slowly- I can advise you to download this software, which can extremely help- CCleaner.. Check all these and do speed test here it will be fast ,...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:17 30 Mar 14

Use the starup option in CCleaner to disable all strtups except for your firewall and antivirus programs.

Reboot and see what happens if you "miss" some things not being available from start then you can easily enable them again.

When happy you can then use CCleaner to delte them from thee start ups.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…