slow laptop

novice3 21:48 10 Jun 06

I am borrowing my dad's laptop whilst mine is being repaired. I installed broadband and everything was fine at first but it's slowed right down, pages are taking ages and ages to load. (I'm only using it for the internet and have only visited popular sites) What could I have done?

I think it happened around the time I downloaded a screen capture programme but I got that from so thought it would be ok. I've now removed that and scanned with the Norton anti-virus that it has and there was no infection. I wondered if it needed to be defraged but I checked and no. There didn't seem to be a spyware removal programme so I downloaded Ad-Aware (and ran it) but it's no better. Perhaps it's nothing I've done at all but something wrong with my broadband? (How would I know? I went to network connections and clicked status but it seems to be running at the normal speed) But I'm worried it's me. Dad trusted me with his computer... What else can I check? help!

VoG II 22:15 10 Jun 06

System Restore to before whatever you did and then leave well alone.

woodchip 22:45 10 Jun 06

My thoughts exactly

novice3 22:58 10 Jun 06

leave well alone??

I'll use System Restore and keep my fingers crossed it works, thanks :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…