Slow Internet Explorer

Recently, my internet connection on my desktop has been really slow, taking up to a minute to load a page. I'm using IE7 with Win XP Pro. I use a Orange Livebox wireless router.

My desktop is connected directly to the Livebox using an ethernet cable, but my laptop and Nintendo Wii are connected wirelessly. Neither the laptop or the Wii experience any problems.

I've looked at previous Helpdesk responses, I've defragged using IOBit, I've used Spybot to identify and remove spyware and I've done a full virus check using NOD 32, my AV programme. It's still running slowly. No other programmes seem to have this problem - Word is fine. I don't recall loading anything recently that could cause the problem (although I don't know if the children have).

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

p;3 19:49 14 Apr 07

have you emptied your temp internet files folder recently? and for how long have you been using the IE7?

Hi p;3,

I tend to empty my temp folder regularly - no longer than a couple of days. I've been running IE7 for a few months with no problems until now.

Again, there's no problem with the wireless connection to my laptop or Wii - I suspect there's something on the desktop (Dell Dimension 9150)

p;3 21:09 14 Apr 07

try running these three programs and see what they find?

click here

click here

click here

P3

fully update each and run full deep scans ; a2 may give false possitives so let us know if you are worried about ITs results?

woodchip 21:19 14 Apr 07

I suggest you try a different Browser, Try this what I have used for years click here

provider 2 21:24 14 Apr 07

Cashe size setting? click here

provider 2 21:28 14 Apr 07

Oops. cashe - cache

Hi y'all,

Thanks for your input. I downloaded A2 and it found loads of spyware and other stuff - more than Spybot. I got rid of most of it - it allows you to see what it is you are deleting, just in case. Cache is about 250 MB. Desktop is running fine now.

I used to use Netscape at work some years ago and tried Firefox, but I'm used to IE!

p;3 20:14 15 Apr 07

what have you left behind in a2 scan?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…