Slow Internet Connection

Yorkie156 08:09 19 Jun 07

Can anybody shine any light on this problem, I am currently running Vista Ultimate with McAfee Internet suite 2007 and my internet connection seems extremely slow. I have tried disabling the autotuning function but it will not allow me to do so it tells me that it needs elevating what ever that may mean because I tried doing it logged on as administrator. I had AVG free running on it when I first upgraded and this was no problem at all. The only thing that worries me with AVG Free is the fact it doesnt give me the protection that Mcafee provides, I may be wrong, maybe someone can advise on that as well. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Graham. 08:49 19 Jun 07

Could be your modem is not Vista-ready. Try updating the drivers.

Yorkie156 09:21 19 Jun 07

I am using a Netgear Wireless router so no problems with that at all, don't think its a driver issue, I seem to think it may be something to do with the McAfee but unsure any more ideas.

ambra4 13:22 19 Jun 07

Uninstall McAfee and see if it works

Dipso 16:28 19 Jun 07

It could be McAfee...Zone Alarm firewall was throttlng my connection. After removing it the speed came back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…