slow Internet

griffo 19:02 16 Mar 03

we have a PC with 2 internet accounts, one AOL the other Claranet - both are very slow indeed. Have checked on another PC (the one I'm using now) and its' OK.

The slow PC is a fairly new MESH with 256k of SDRAM. Any ideas what may be causing it to go slow?

Quick.silver101 19:20 16 Mar 03

The problem is that both these internet providers are notorious for joining too many consumers before they have the technology to ensure that they can provide the "customer focused" services that they all too frequently boast.

You will just have to find a new IPS as your poor internet performance is linked to the marketing drives of these two companies. You will have a slow connection every time your IPS's take on so many consumers and will not pick up again until they increase the bandwidth to accommodate them, and so on and so forth.

recap 19:23 16 Mar 03

AOL could be the culprit here griffo, they don't like sharing.

musicbassman 20:13 16 Mar 03

I have two computers in the house, both can access the internet via Claranet on a 64k dialup.
New computer on XP connects and downloads quickly at all times. Old computer on '98 can be very sluggish at times, but I find rebooting can cure things. Obviously some conflict in the '98 computer, and Claranet can't be the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…