Slow Graphics and net after XP upgrade

Will 17:42 11 Jul 04

Just upgraded to XP Home over Win 98SE. I can't get flowing scrolling when moveing down the page it is all jerky. Also it seems as if the refresh rate is wrong. I can';'t find refresh rate and don't know how to get the flowing scroll. I am on broadband and it now seems slower. I have changed the Appeerance settings bt no joy. Anybody got any ideas please

HXP 18:42 11 Jul 04

I don't know the pec of your machine but you definately need more ram to run windows XP.
Post the machines spec and we can all take a look.

If you have upgraded to XP you will need to make sure you have the latest video card drivers installed so check those on manufacturers website.

How did you upgrade to Xp - if you formatted drive and you havean AGP motherboard you may have to install the AGP miniport drivers which you have to do before you install video card drivers. I only know this ( not 'cos I'm a techo wiz) because I formatted my machine and had similar probs - spent 3 days near to setting fire to machine before someone said 'did you load the agp drivers ?' grrrrr

Apart from that post some more details of machine spec & dig out your motherboard manual ...

Hope that helps and hope you get some more posts

HXP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…