Slow downloading

Meshuga 20:15 23 Jun 04

I am finding downloading of forum pages suddenly very slow. Anybody else having this problem please. Meshuga.

Meshuga 20:18 23 Jun 04

Sorry, should have mentioned I have Win XP and Broadband512k. Meshuga.

cream. 20:21 23 Jun 04

They don't seem to be that slow here. 2-3 seconds, about normal.

Mikè 20:23 23 Jun 04

7 seconds on dialup.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:30 23 Jun 04

What ISP?

Try clearing your internet cache.

Meshuga 20:47 23 Jun 04

Hi Fruit Bat, ISP is metronet.They have been having problems for about a week installing a new pipe for increased capacity and I suspect they still have a problem. How exactly do I clear the cache please. Meshuga.

lucky1 21:04 23 Jun 04

Control Panel/Internet Options. About halfway down under 'General', you'll see the button in question.

lucky1 21:10 23 Jun 04

Sorry, should have been more specific. Once in the 'General' Section of Internet Options, go down to the part 'Temporary Internet Files', select the middle option (delete files) and this should clear your cache.

Meshuga 21:41 23 Jun 04

Many thanks lucky1. I thought that was the way and had already done that earlier. However, after posting the earlier post I then found I could not access anything on the internet hence the delay in replying. The fault must have been with the ISPs server because all is well again. I`ll give the isp their due, they have offered compensation because of all the trouble we`ve had.Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…