slow download speed

shuggee167 00:16 24 Jun 04

For several days I have noticed, after I have been on the Internet for a while, web pages take progressively longer to download. Then, last night, as I was downloading the latest version of Zone Alarm, I noticed the transfer speed getting lower as the download progressed. It started off at 2.08KB/Sec and by the time the download was complete, over a period of about two hours, it was 967bytes/sec.

Can anyone tell me what is happening and what i can do about it.

Diodorus Siculus 00:19 24 Jun 04

Does your temporary internet files folder need to be emptied or its size increased? This can casue the problem you mention.

what speed internet connection do you have?

Try speed tests after being connected for set times to ensure it is not a slow server that is causing problems click here

shuggee167 00:56 24 Jun 04

Thanks for the responses. I empty the Temporary Internet Files folder every time I come off the Internet. I'll try increasing the size when I get home (I'm at work just now)

I have a 56K dial up connection. It usually connects me at 52K and that was the case last night.

shuggee167 19:32 24 Jun 04

I tried increasing the size of the tempory internet files folder. Sadly, it didn't help. Anyone got any other suggestions.

JACC 00:06 25 Jun 04

Try a repair shuggie167
Go into Control Panel
Add Remove Programs
Find Internet explorer, click on it, then from there do the repair .

shuggee167 00:52 25 Jun 04

thanks JACC, i'm at work at the moment, i'll try it when i get home.

shuggee 02:38 25 Jun 04

JACC, i tried to do what you suggested. when i click on the change/remove button i get a message saying "This program uninstalls Q831167 and restores your previous configuration" i'm not sure whether this is what i want to do so i've left it the way it is. am i doing something wrong. i would be grateful for any further advice on this.

Diodorus Siculus 02:59 25 Jun 04

click here for a link for repairing IE.

shuggee 04:51 25 Jun 04

thanks Diodorus Siculus. I'm going to bed now so i'll try it tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…