slow down load times

mimo 20:33 05 Jul 03

hello all,fisrt thanks to everybody who has helped in the past with all my other issues.....im running win xp and currently ,but not for much longer aol7/8.when i connect i usually obtain connection speeds of about 40-49 bps,but my download times vary between 1.5-3.0kb/s.at present i am experiencing interferance/satic on my bt phone line,bt are sending an engineer out to investigate monday.can anybody offer any suggestions .my modem is a asteh with a smart link driver.i have updated to the 2003 driver,still the same.thanks for taking the read this ,hear from soon.thanks mimo

powerless 20:37 05 Jul 03

Download speed/times will vary and there is never one fixed/permanent download speed.

The interferance/static is probably causing your 1.5-3.0 so i would wait till its looked and hopefully fixed.

If there are many people downloading a file at once then you will notice a slower download. Nothing you can do apart from downloading in the early morning.

hugh-265156 20:38 05 Jul 03

try removing all the phones connected and just plug in the modem by itself and see if speeds improve.do not use extension cables if you can help it.

you may need bt to turn up the juice a bit on your line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…