slow down

2CV6 10:26 12 Oct 03

Hi why does oe5 go so slow to show first message when I switch on? It's ok after that. Some webpages are slow as well including this site. Others are fast.I use broadband and it was super at first. Blueyonder tell me all is ok and speed is ok. I've compacted, defraged and done all the usual things. using win98se 64 ram. Cheers 2cv6.

I would not worry about slow speed 1st time as long as the following are OK
98se is not the fastest program which is why it is often better to upgrade to XP
but then again 98se is rapidly becoming redundant hard to find updates shortly
how old is ur PC r u ready for moving on & Up questions for u to think about

maybe thinking more u should update oe5 to latest oe6 using windows catalogue u can find explorer fairly navigating for the update

SEASHANTY 10:49 12 Oct 03

A cause of slow loading on some sites is because of heavy demand. Servers can only handle so much data at one time so in extremely busy periods, not only will some popular sites be slow to load but they might even time out on you. In which case you will get the "poage unobtainable or unable find window displayed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…