Slow CPU

Leigh-Roy 20:23 14 Jan 06

I have a PC with a Pentium 4 2.66Ghz processor with a FSB of 800 Mhz. I've recently noticed some slowing down and have been unable to run some programs. I have run some diagnostic software and it is showing as running at 1.3 Ghz with a FSB of 400 Mhz. Anyone know what is happening and how to fix it please

Skills 21:54 14 Jan 06

First step for me would be to check the FSB settings in the BIOS. AS the PC starts up you'll see a message such as press del to enter setup hit that key most common are del and F2.

goonerbill © ® 01:14 15 Jan 06

not to sure about pentium 4's but dont they have a feature where they reduce there own settings to what is needed at the time and when they need to run at a higher load they clock themselfs back up (someone will correct me if i'm wrong)

also so as Skills has pointed out, settings in the bios could be wrong.

ferret lover 01:19 15 Jan 06

Hey Leigh. Just about to post that for you. You beat me to it. You know who!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple