slow connection

nifermac 18:00 11 Jun 06

Hi I am after a few ideas as to what the problem could be with my internet speed, I upgraded to up to 8mb back in may, was told I should get 4mb far enough but since getting it my internet speed appears to have gradually slowed to almost stop.(i.e each day getting a tiny bit slower from bout 2000 to 55kbps) today using bt's speedtester i got 89kbps should be at least 1800 I think, well thats what I used to get before the upgrade. I have 4 pc's on the network and they are all having the same speed problems even did the bt wholesale speedtest domain thing with results of 125kbps and that kills all internet access apart from it's own test.
So my query is do you thinks it's possibly my router or my isp? as these are the only things I can think of that would cause the problem and how can I rule them out without a secound router?
Cheers for any advice

ade.h 18:06 11 Jun 06

You *need* to borrow another modem or router. Preferably a modem because routers tend to be more sensitive (I don't know why).

If that sees no change, then ask your ISP to re-grade your service, which it will (or certainly should) be willing and able to do.

nifermac 21:58 12 Jun 06

Thanks tried that still no joy so contacted my isp and there is a major fault on the line

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…