slow computer what cleaning prog to run first ?

pat-212841 12:36 07 May 05

My friends computer is nearly at a stand still she has firewall + antivirus but nothing else i want to go and download easy cleaner and ccleaner and any otheres i can think of But what do i run first ?i thinking Microsoft antivirus then get rid of all the temp files would that be ok ? thanks

Pooke100 12:41 07 May 05

Make sure her AV is uptodate, download Ad-aware SE, Spybot search and destroy and Microsoft antispyware. They are all free, update them and run those scans.

Then for cearing out old files use ccleaner and for the registry I use regseeker.

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

Pooke100 12:42 07 May 05

*clearing out old files.....

pat-212841 12:48 07 May 05

Thanks very much for that,and all those click heres that will save me lots of time .

madPentium 16:18 07 May 05

make sure in windows explorer, tools, folder options, view you enable show hidden folders. Then in docs and settings,your name,local settings, temp you delete all these files. These can cause a system to slow down.

You've probably done this, but lots of people only clear the temp folder in windows.

pat-212841 17:27 07 May 05

Thanks for that i do that to hers just going to do it to mine as well !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…