slow computer

jonnyboy1967 14:25 16 Jul 07

I was checking the forums regarding slow PCs when i came across some advise from skidzy about programs to install i.e zonealarm and avg etc but also noticed he recomended going to run and typing msconfig and unticking all boxes except the AV and realtime spyware, am i right in thinking to untick all the boxes in both the start up and system or just under start up also will this effect my computer if i need to run any of the programs ive unticked ???

birdface 14:33 16 Jul 07

Probably most of the programs that you have un-ticked do not need to be run at start up, And you can run them when you need to run them,But if there is any that you think you need to run at start up, Go back into msconfig and retick them.

Quiet Life 17:09 16 Jul 07

Untick in Start Up only.
If you want to run any of the programs they will load when you open them. Some are programmed to move back into start up when loaded but just untick again. Unticking in Start Up will not affect your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…