Slow Computer

GuZ><0r 23:32 18 Oct 05

After installing Windows Xp pro Sp2 over some other XP's on the hdd, my computer is now really slow when before it was fast. My internet is also really slow, and it doesn't work very well. I have run several anti virus/spyware etc. but it is still slow. Does anyone know what the problem could be.

alan227 08:48 19 Oct 05

If you go to add & remove programs and uninstall SP2 and see if it is back to normal speed.
You will need to download all the updates applicable to SP1 after the uninstall.

GuZ><0r 11:54 19 Oct 05

The XP I installed had SP2. Will I still be able to remove it. Someone also trieed to set up a network to share files and it didn't work, and when I try to do a system restore it will not let me because of this. Could this be why the internet some times comes on and after a short period of time it disconnects. Also webpages do not display. (It is connect to the modem by a network card and wire.)

SANTOS7 12:00 19 Oct 05

There is a suggestion that as soon as you have installed SP2 that you defrag your HDD as it alters some file systems
click here this may also help,good luck..

GuZ><0r 12:08 19 Oct 05

On my other computer I have The same OS, SP2 XP, and it runs fine. Also windows defragger says that it does not need it, but I did it any way and it is still slow.

wee eddie 12:46 19 Oct 05

Could that be the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…