Slow Burns

gorinchem 15:59 08 Feb 03

I have a 48x16x48 samsung cd-r/wr sw-248B writer and a mat*!@:a dvd-rom sr 8588 on my pentium 4 2.4ghz,512ddr,win xp home,80gb hd.
The problem is when i want to burn a music cd it takes 20min's,which i think is not normal?
I have used Easy cd creator 5 platinum,but i have the famous track 9 problem, so i have tried nero 5.5,record now max4.5,clone cd,and these are all up to date as of 8/2/03, but it still takes up to 20min's.
The DMA is turned on and i have tried switching off xp's burning program,but nothing makes a difference.
I am a bit suspiceous of my dvd-rom,as it does not appear to be software, are there any known problems or conficts with my dvd-rom drive and burners when copying from drive to drive?

AndySD 16:04 08 Feb 03

Try setting the DVD rom to PIO instead of DMA and see if it solves the problem.

jonski 16:06 08 Feb 03

have u tried copying file to hard drive 1st.? and if so..is there any difference in speed.?

cream. 16:32 08 Feb 03

If your dvd is showing as this model "mat*!@:a" then you have a problem with the configuration.

It looks that you have either the jumper in the wrong position or it is conflicting with some thing on the same IDE channel,

Could you post back to what is on primary master\ slave and secondary master\ slave.

It will tell you this information when you first boot up. If it whizzes through to fast just press the pause\ break button to read it. To restart just press enter.

gorinchem 16:32 08 Feb 03

When copying from the hard drive,for instance when i burn my downloaded mp3 music with win media player 9 there is no problem with speed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…