slow burning?

treadz 19:11 30 Jan 06

I have recently changed from a pioneer 105 x4 dvd rewriter to a pioneer 110 x16 rewriter but the time it takes to burn a dvd is exactly the same - about 15mins. I have updated to nero 6 and use x16 discs but no difference. My source drive is a toshiba and is supposed to read at x16. I have set the writing speed to maximum. Could it be that the wrong drive is set to master/slave??

mattyc_92 19:15 30 Jan 06

This is probably to do with your Computer's speed.

What processor have you got (and at what clock speed) and also how much memory?

It takes me just over 10minutes to burn 4gigs to a disk (and they are 8x), but I don't really make DVDs, so can't really compare with it...

treadz 19:27 30 Jan 06

I have a athlon 2400xp which is a 2Gig processor, 768 mb of ram.

Totally-braindead 19:29 30 Jan 06

It takes me approx 8 mins to burn a full DVD. Would suggest the problem is either the Nero version you have does not support the Pioneer or you haven't updated it so it can or the disks you are using are not 16 speed or the Pioneer doesn't like the make of disks you are using, try another brand.

madPentium 19:41 30 Jan 06

nero detects the media speed and only offers the speeds for which your burner can run at. Try putting in a X2 dvd and it will only offer X2 speed options. How have you configured the IDE channels? is the burner on the same channel as the hard drive?
Another thing I have noticed, when copying data back from a dvd, it seems to read very slowly. Have you tried copying data from dvd to your hard drive? you'll be suprised.

Totally-braindead 19:51 30 Jan 06

Have a look at what its been tested with click here I personally use Datawrite 16x titanium on DVD writer, different make though, and it burns at 16x no problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017