Slow burn times 3 hours using Nero InCd to DVD-RW

frank201 01:19 27 May 06

I have a Gateway MX8554b laptop Xp2 with 8x DVD+ - RW multiformat double layer Drive

My laptop takes 3 hours to burn 2.79 GB of data to a 4.7 GB single sided DVD-RW.
The burning software used is Nero InCD.

Can someone help me to fix this problem please?
Thanks.

mattyc_92 09:50 27 May 06

What speed does the discs you using allow?
You may of got some 1x discs or something

frank201 11:37 27 May 06

The disk is 2~4x speed.
Nero settings must must be at the default settins as i have not changed.

BRYNIT 11:38 27 May 06

I think your DVD will only write to DVD-WR at 4X.

Are you copying the data direct to the DVD-WR without formating using Nero burning Rom or are you formating the disk using InCD before copying the data to disk.

If you have done a quick Format on the DVD-WR and not allowed a full fgormat the disk will continue to format as the files are copied to the DVD disk, this takes longer to do.

BRYNIT 11:40 27 May 06

DVD-WR should be DVD-RW

frank201 12:04 27 May 06

I did a full format using InCd. The formatting process took just over an hour.
After formatting data was drag and drop onto DVD-RW disk. The burn started at 11.pm and finished at just after 2am.

ed-0 13:13 27 May 06

right click my computer > properties > hardware > device manager > IDE ATA / ATAPI controllers. Select either the primary or secondary IDE channels and look for the dvd burner. When you find it open advanced settings. What is the " current transfer mode " for the dvd writer?

click here

frank201 17:05 27 May 06

Hi Ed-0
There are two settings for ‘Current Transfer Mode’ I don’t know which is the DVD. Device 0 displays : Ultra DMA Mode 5
Device 1 displays : PIO Mode

ed-0 17:26 27 May 06

Ultra dma 5 will be your hard disk

unfortunatley

PIO mode will be for you burner. Thats the most likely cause of the slow burn speeds.;-(

Read this thread and see if it works for you. click here

frank201 01:34 28 May 06

Hi Ed-0
Many thanks for the referral to the ‘pcanswers’ page. I followed the workaround instructions. It worked. Problem fixed.
A full format of the DVD-RW disk was done in less than 15 minutes.
2.75 MB of mixed data was copied to the DVD-RW disk in 23 minutes.
I had hoped the burn would have taken less time though. Notwithstanding, I’m delighted with the fix.
Thanks to all you guys who troubled to advise me.

ed-0 18:26 28 May 06

Well thats a triffle quicker. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…