Slow browsing due to net "virus"?

Patr100 13:21 25 Jan 03

Over the past few days, for no apparent reason, I hav a slight but significant delay in opening pages when browsing with IE when they would normally have opened instantly .Tried AV check,cleared IE cache, used IE repair. Defragged,scandisked, Running IE 5.5 - the only thing I haven't tried is installing IE 6.0 to see if it improves then. On 98se -Free resources etc. are fine

I wonder now if it now might be due to click here -Anyone else had similar problem lately ?

Patr100 13:24 25 Jan 03

Oh, and I tried temporarily disabling my Sygate Firewall but no change.

obbit 13:26 25 Jan 03

Hi Patr100...........download IE6 click here

then download the security patches and service packs click on your windows update from START
and check for critical updates.

regards

obbit

db0967 17:19 25 Jan 03

Had exactly the same problem over the past few days. Using NTL BB. Seems a bit intermittent, and OK for some pages, and bad for others.

golfpro 17:46 25 Jan 03

Had the same problem in the last couple of days, living with it for the moment, hopeing it will change, if not HELP needed.

Patr100 18:29 25 Jan 03

Thanks for responses. If that is the cause some areas may be more affected than others. I had used IE6 a few months back but had problems with it and my Firewall at the time - Zone Alarm so went back to 5.5. Might try it again - have it on a coverdisk somewhere - it's a huge download so not practical to take it off a site.

If the delay in "fetching" pages is external to us (as I suspect) then there may be not much we can do except inform our ISPs and look out for any more information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…