Slow Browsing

gg4419 17:34 07 Jul 08

Hi there,

I have a wireless network set up at home from a main PC that is connected by cable to a modem (netgear). I am finding that running my laptop on the network gives me very fast browsing speeds, however when I use the main PC, the browsing speed on it is extremely slow. Any tips or ideas?

Gareth

ambra4 00:44 08 Jul 08

What OS

Support1000 00:52 08 Jul 08

First Clear up the Cookies and temporary internet file. free up some space in the harddisk.

Try with diffrent browser. Ping click here to check for latency.

I am sure it must be your PC problem. how is your PC works in general. is it fast or Slow?

Ram
click here

gg4419 09:24 08 Jul 08

Windows XP, the computer in general is OK, neither extremely fast or slow, was running slow but cleared out old programs and removed Cookies and temp files. Using Internet Explorer 7 but will try Mozilla.

Gareth

ambra4 12:33 08 Jul 08

Do a registry clean up and a hard drive defrag

click here

wightman 16:41 08 Jul 08

Hi gg4419

This is another way that is often overlooked when the problem you are experiencing occurs.

As follows:-
Start Button > Accessories > Command Prompt
Right Click choose 'Run as Administrator' >
At prompt type:
ipconfig/flushdns >enter;
When Command Box shows Successful and the prompt is showing;
type in;
ipconfig/registerdns > enter.
Will then register successful close CMD.
Reboot PC.

I have used this several times to overcome problems with browsing...try it it might be what you are looking for.

gg4419 20:20 09 Jul 08

Hi Wightman,

I tried the above that you suggested however after flushing successfully it would not let me register, saying access denied. Sorry for my ignorance on the matter, could you help me from here?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now