Slow broadband internet download speed

zahin91evo 16:49 13 Mar 10

Hello everyone,

I just bought this new desktop pc. I'm using broadband internet 512kbps/64kBps.I get the normal speed when i use my laptop, but right from the beginning im not getting the speed im supposed to get in my desktop pc.the upload speed is fine, but the download speed is too low.It only boosts up when i use IDM.otherwise its all slow.Im getting around 20kBps now.same speed in both xp and windows 7.What do i do now?

I tested my computer using wimax connection, the speed was fine.

MAJ 17:20 13 Mar 10

How does the PC connect to the internet, ethernet cable, USB wireless adapter/internal wireless card or modem? Who is your ISP? Where are you downloading from? Try downloading a large file from Filehippo as a test (without using the download manager), Nero click here for example, what speed are you getting?

zahin91evo 21:44 13 Mar 10

It connects thru ethernet cable. Browsing speed is low,buffering from youtube is slow(normal in my laptop) plus ive tried downloading bigger files from download.com but the result is same.i'm supposed to get 64kBps which i get in my laptop, but im getting around 5-20kBps max in my desktop.please help me.

RobCharles1981 22:32 13 Mar 10

Hi What Is the Make of your router?

Do you know how to get your line stats page in your router ??

zahin91evo 19:01 14 Mar 10

Im not using a router, im connecting the ethernet cable directly to the lan card.

woodchip 19:26 14 Mar 10

Try this on default Settings click here

zahin91evo 15:06 15 Mar 10

didnt work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…