Slow Broadband Connection

cjhughes 21:54 13 Mar 06

Hello

For some reason when I first connect to the internet its really really slow for about 2-3 hours (pages not loading, graphics missing etc.)and then it suddenly speeds up for no apparent reason.

I have recently had to return my router to be fixed so I have gone back to using my old broadband modem.

I don't know whether this is a problem with my broadband connection or a problem with my PC.

Hope someone can help because the internet is pretty unusable unless I turn it on hours before I need it.

Thanks

madPentium 22:14 13 Mar 06

If you do a search in google, there are web sites which let you test your connection speed.

Have you phoned your ISP to have the line checked?

cjhughes 22:18 13 Mar 06

I tried to do a speed test this morning but the pages just wouldn't load. And when they finally would load the problem was gone.

The router has always had excellent speed and its only since I plugged in the modem that its become slow but only in the morning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…