Slow BootUp After Wellcome- any Ideas?

jackthelad71 20:31 19 Aug 05

Mesh-AMD 3000-XP + Service Pack 2 - Norton Systemworks 2005 - Spyware Doctor. Boot Up is OK until Welcome Screen then it seems to hang for a while then continues slowly. Any Ideas?
jackthelad71

Technotiger 21:04 19 Aug 05

Hi, if this has only just started happening have you made any changes to hardware or software recently, if so that might give a clue as to why.
Or, have you tried a Restore to see if that makes any difference. Or, just the old fav's of doing some disk maintenance i.e. DiskCleanup, running antivirus and ad-aware etc, followed by clear out of temp Internet files & cookies, followed by a defrag. Any or all of these could make a difference.

Cheers.

jackthelad71 15:20 20 Aug 05

I do defrag every two weeks and as I said I do have Spyware Doctor that Automatic cleans adware ect;. tyhe Norton sytemworks 2005 is on
Auto scanning all emails in & out. I do not know why the Boot Up slows down after the Wellcome
screen yet the earlier half runs at normal speed.

Technotiger 15:27 20 Aug 05

Just a thought, but perhaps if you re-set you User Account details??

Cheers.

BurrWalnut 15:53 20 Aug 05

It could be that too many programs are loading at start up. Download Startup Inspector from click here but be aware that it throws out legitimate programs as nasties, e.g. M/S antispyware.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:25 20 Aug 05

Norton Systemworks 2005

A notorious system hog that slows up your PC. You would do better to remove it and install ZoneAlarm firewall and AVG or Avast antivirus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…