strech 14:27 18 Feb 06

my computer as slow down big time when booting up
ive run anti spyware + anti virus soft ware
with ccleaner ive removed programs from startup
also done a defrag + scandisk with no results
can anybody help please
thanks

Gongoozler 14:51 18 Feb 06

Tell us some more about your computer. Version of Windows, how much memory, what size hard drive, what motherboard and processor would be a start. When the computer is slow starting is this after Windows has started loading, is there a lot of hard drive activity during the process?

strech 14:56 18 Feb 06

i use win xp 512mb memory 40gb hard drive
1mb mainboard 2ghz prosser

Gongoozler 14:59 18 Feb 06

Thanks for that, but my second question is important for us to give any help.

strech 15:05 18 Feb 06

sorry the answer is yes windows as started

Gongoozler 15:06 18 Feb 06

So Windows has started, is there a lot of hard drive activity while Windows is trying to load?

strech 15:07 18 Feb 06

yes there is

Gongoozler 15:25 18 Feb 06

Presumeably you have identified all the startup processes via msconfig, I suggest that you download and run regseeker click here, then look under the Startup entries heading. In my experience this does a better job of identifying startup items that may be hidden from msconfig.

strech 15:35 18 Feb 06

tryed registry cleaner pro they scan the computer
find problems but whant paying to sort the problem

Gongoozler 15:38 18 Feb 06

Hi strech. I have to go out soon, and I'll not be back until late tomorrow morning. If Regseeker doesn't reveal anything unexpected then you could run HiJackThis click here and post the log here where someone may be able to interpret the results. The fact that your computer booting up has suddenly slowed down suggests that malware of some kind has slipped past your defences, unless you have deliberately loaded some software that takes a long time to load.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:23 18 Feb 06

The link that Gongoozler is for a free registry cleaner that is extremely efficient. You will not have to pay.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac