Slow Boot Up

jeffg 01:33 27 Apr 05

I am mystified. Recently, my pc decided to boot up really slowly. It switches on, waits for about 90 seconds with just a black screen and flashing cursor, then it starts to load windows, stops again for a minute or so then completes the load into windows. Once up and running, the pc works perfectly. I did a complete reformat and install (incl. deleting and creating a new partition) and it still does it. Nothing has changed in the BIOS that I can see. Any ideas? I am running a Dell, Pentium 4 3.2, Windows XP Pro and 1GB of RAM. Thanks for any help you can give.

Derek 07:31 27 Apr 05

Normally your Bios would give you the opportunity to load a Default or Optimum setting. Do this and see what happens.
Your memory could be faulty. Assuming that you have more than one stick loaded,take one out at a time to see the results.

jeffg 11:25 27 Apr 05

Thanks for your help. I finally discovered that the problem is the USB Hub that is plugged into the machine. When I unplug it, the pc boots up normally. It's strange though, all has been well for a long time and now this suddenly starts to heppen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…