slow.................

puggers 12:57 PM 02 May 11

Hi, I'm with plusnet for my broadband connection and have a thompson router. Out broadband connection has all but ground to a halt lately, latest speed being 463 kbps. I am working with plusnet to get everything checked out and they are now going back to BT to get the line checked but the onlyt thing I haven't managed to check here is the router as I don't have another. Could this cause consistently slow speeds or would a faulty router just give intermittent errors? If I log into my neighbours wireless connection (she has given me her codes) I have 3 times the speed.

Thanks R

onthelimit1 09:00 AM 03 May 11

I think it unlikely, but if Plusnet decide that may be the problem they should offer you a replacement. Don't accept if they say you have to pay. If they do, threaten to leave and that will probably change their mind!

puggers 19:41 PM 03 May 11

Thanks for that, I'll bear your tip in mind, whenever they finally get back to me!

Thanks R

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…