slow.................

puggers 02 May 11

Hi, I'm with plusnet for my broadband connection and have a thompson router. Out broadband connection has all but ground to a halt lately, latest speed being 463 kbps. I am working with plusnet to get everything checked out and they are now going back to BT to get the line checked but the onlyt thing I haven't managed to check here is the router as I don't have another. Could this cause consistently slow speeds or would a faulty router just give intermittent errors? If I log into my neighbours wireless connection (she has given me her codes) I have 3 times the speed.

Thanks R

onthelimit1 03 May 11

I think it unlikely, but if Plusnet decide that may be the problem they should offer you a replacement. Don't accept if they say you have to pay. If they do, threaten to leave and that will probably change their mind!

puggers 03 May 11

Thanks for that, I'll bear your tip in mind, whenever they finally get back to me!

Thanks R

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message