Sloooooooooooooow Disc Access

bigcarpchaser 11:52 29 Apr 04

Hi All, I'm running Win98, don't laugh (all updates and service packs etc) over a small network, couple of Pc's, plotter, scanners, printers etc and a server with 2000 SBS. All working fine until I installed a little utility called Winspeedup which supposedly streamlines various files to optimise perfomance however when I browse my network or try to load a file from a drive other than my local HDD's the access speeds have been reduced to a crawl rendering my network practically useless. The other PC's on the network are uneffected. Is there a setting somewhere that might speed up my disc access again?
I've obviosuly tried contacting the software providers, and guess what, yip, they havn't got back to me.
Looking closer at this program it deletes stuff from the windows registry and quite a few dll's that it thinks you don't need when quitr clearly you do. I'm a complete berk when it comes to this sort of thing but AutoCAD I do know if anyone wants to know anything about that!!

Thanks in advance

Gary H

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…