Slipstreaming for xp recovery disk

rosie 09:50 28 Sep 05

I want to make an XP recovery disk but my original xp home disk is separate from the SP2 disk - should I embark on the process of slipstreaming so that these two can be integrated for making a recovery disk or is this unnecessary. I've had some recent computer problems which now appear resolved but I want to be sure of recovery in case of future problems.

Chegs ® 09:56 28 Sep 05

Each time I have had to install SP-2 onto another PC,it has taken forever,yet the "slipstreamed" install CD only takes the same amount of time as the non-slipstreamed version so if I was you,I'd do a "slipstreamed" CD.

I'm gonna have another go at this click here soon,as I have a SATA system,and its a pain having to press F6/insert floppy,etc.

the Rascal 15:39 28 Sep 05

Have a look here for another "howto" this site has a programme that does it all for you and tells you how and what you need click here Regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:48 28 Sep 05

Yes definately slpstream, otherwise you will need to load all the upates from scratch. The link from Chegs ® click here is an excellent way to make a disk you can just put in the drive and walk awy and do something else while its reloading.

Rayuk 18:33 28 Sep 05

Another guide for you
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…