Slipstreaming sp2 on xp home?

Eargasm 23:27 04 Jan 05

Hi all

What i am trying to do is to create a bootable xp home disc with sp2 slipstreamed.

All the instructions for doing this say copy files from xp home disc. However my pc came without a disc and was put on a hidden partition.

Is it possible to create one from my i386 folder on hard drive?

I386 folders i have are -: c:\ (476mb)
c:\windows\driver cache (104mb)
c:\windows|service pack files(439mb)

I seem to remember a brilliant thread from powerless about autostreamer but now can't seem to find it.

I'm not quite sure how to go about it,instructions seem fairly easy if using the xp home disc.
Can anyone advise ?

Thanks Phil

powerless 00:21 05 Jan 05

The one on the C drive will be more than likely the one.

But don't count your socks.

powerless 00:34 05 Jan 05

click here

You will have to slect: I want to specify my own local Windows share

Strawballs 01:46 05 Jan 05

click here I used this for SP1 and substituted SP2 works fine and he gives screen grabs every step of the way so you can see which files you need (I used a disc but if you can navigate to the files I can't see why it won't work

Eargasm 19:06 06 Jan 05

Thanks Guy's

I can't seem to do it using autostreamer from the I386 folder unless i am doing something wrong (very probable).

My mate has xp home with a disc, am i right in thinking if i created a boot disc using his it woulden't work on mine?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…