Slipstreaming problems again

Mike D 08:54 23 Sep 06

I too am having problems. I go through the process of integrating XP and SP2, extract the Microsoft Image file and burn a bootable disk (used Roxio and CD Burner Xp) with the same result on trying to boot-
"CD BOOT: Cannot find NTLDR"

I have looked at MS knowledge base and the fora for the burning software, but none of the suggestions work for me.

Help!

Mike

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:06 23 Sep 06

HAve you used iso buster to find the file Microsoft Corporation.img and put this in the root of your CD?

Mike D 12:11 23 Sep 06

Yes, I used ISO Buster.

When I select make disk bootable I am told to navigate to the image file, which I do - is this what you mean, or should I actually put it with the list of files to be burnt?

Mike

terryf 12:35 23 Sep 06

click here this worked for me first (and only) time

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:21 23 Sep 06

This is the file you need to extract. To do so, right-click and choose Extract Microsoft Corporation.img. When ISOBuster prompts you, choose to download it to the root of your C: drive. Now you can close ISOBuster.

from the link from terryf

Mike D 15:58 23 Sep 06

Thanks, there will a short pause until normal service resumes and I get home from work.

Mike

Strawballs 16:47 23 Sep 06

click here Have used this site to create xpsp2 slipstream that works fine and explains useing nero or easy cd creator

Mike D 17:39 23 Sep 06

Thanks folks, worked a treat. Strawballs, I had used that guide before, but it was only when I read Fruit Bat /\0/\'s post that I realised that I had always extracted the image file to a folder rather than the root of the C: drive.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced