Slipstreaming 'All' XP updates into install CD?

Mysticnas 14:34 19 Sep 05

Hi all,

I've been installing updates since SP1, but not the SP2 core update.

I want to reinstall windows but don't want to go to MS update all over again.

So i've read about slipstreaming SP1 and SP2 into your XP CD. But is there anyway to slipstream all my XP updates including SP1 as well? Do i just simply copy over an update folder located somewhere on my C drive?

Thanks in advance?

VoG II 14:38 19 Sep 05

SP2 effectively includes SP1 so you don't need to slipstream both.

click here

Mysticnas 14:52 19 Sep 05

...this is just the issue...

I've downloaded loads of updates since SP1, but NOT the actual SP2 update pack, just individual updates (that most likely come with SP2 anyway.

The reason i don't want to install SP2 is because of the extra security features, which proved to cause havoc with 3rd party AV and firewalls such as Norton etc...

So as it stands i gather the only thing i can do is integrate SP1 and then install the individual POST SP1 updates later?

jimv7 15:34 19 Sep 05

Slipstream sp2, do a clean install of xp, then add your extra's to it, norton is used on loads of computers with sp2, plus there are FREE anti-virus and firewalls that are not so intrusive as norton.

When installing norton, if there are any problems its down to norton and not xp sp2, norton will change windows system files.

Chegs ® 16:09 19 Sep 05

Or use Services to disable those bits of SP-2 you have trouble with.Either that or use Nlite to remove un-needed bit of XP. click here

ventanas 16:31 19 Sep 05

I have not had any problems with SP2 and Norton AV or Norton firewall. They integrate perfectly. Have you tried it?

Mysticnas 20:41 19 Sep 05

I've installed it on various PC's i've built. Mind you it's been a while, and it was just as SP2 was released.

Ho-hum :o(

Strawballs 21:30 19 Sep 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…