Slipstreamed XP SP2? - Have you the following?

powerless 23:52 23 Feb 05

If you have a Windows XP SP2 CD that has been slipstreamed have you ever come across the following?...

1) When you run sfc /scannow you are repeatedly asked to insert your Windows XP Home/Professional CD but you already have it in the drive? You are also asked to insert the SP2 CD [the one you slipstreamed]. Do you find SFC asking for either at different times?

2) [From the above] Once SFC has completed do you have the following errors logged in event viewer?

**The system file c:\windows\system32\phon.ime could not be copied into the DLL cache. The specific error code is 0x800b0100 [No signature was present in the subject.
]. This file is necessary to maintain system stability.**

Source: Windows File Protection

Event: 64021 [and variations]

But! The event viewer reports that "Windows File Protection file scan completed successfully." [Event: 64017]

3) When you go to install a Windows XP Component you are asked to insert your slipstreamed CD for certain files to be copied? Or you are asked to insert your original XP CD. [Which disk depends on the component]

powerless 19:01 24 Feb 05

VoG II 19:25 24 Feb 05

Is click here any help?

powerless 19:32 24 Feb 05

Umm I'm not asking because I have a problem [i think] I'm asking because I want to know if it's a problem or the norm.

powerless 19:34 24 Feb 05

I actually looked at that link last night with regards to the source path and whether it is correct or not you are still asked for the Original XP CD.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:57 24 Feb 05

Slipstreamed XP and SP2 2 weeks ago after reading a thread on here.

Had ocasion to run sfc /scannow and thought I'd try the new disk.

sfc ran exactly as if I had put in the proper CD with just the initial insert XP CD coming up.

So sounds like yours isn't the "norm."

ade.h 22:47 24 Feb 05

...I get the exact same glitch that you describe, Powerless. And I haven't slipstreamed XP or (yet) installed SP2. I've always figured it was just a Windows eccentricity (of which there are quite a few!)

Spark6 22:51 24 Feb 05

Same experience as Fruit Bat /\0/\ but have not checked event viewer yet.

powerless 18:44 25 Feb 05

Look at Vogs 'click here'.

powerless 18:47 25 Feb 05

Did you use AutoStreamer or did you manually copy the XP CD and do all the commands yourself?

powerless 14:34 26 Feb 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…