Slightly confused with MSN..help please

bof:) 14:48 12 Jan 03
  bof:) 14:48 12 Jan 03

Hi All,

A neighbour using windows ME can no longer access MSN Messenger. She has to collect her emails by going to hotmail.com.

The last time she mentioned this to me, (before Nov 2002) I think she said that the MSN icon in her task bar had a cross through it...showing it was not active.

I've asked her to right click on it to see what options it gives but have recieved no reply as of yet.

Is it as a final option safe to uninstall MSN and reinstall it?

Will she be classed as a 'new member' and have to pay the monthly fee?

Anyhelp gratefully recieved as always,
Mike

Peter E 15:11 12 Jan 03

I think the cross just means you are not signed in. Hover the mouse pointer over it and it says "MSN messenger - not signed-in". If you click the icon you can select sign-in from the pop-up menu. At least that's how mine works.

Hope this helps

Peter E 15:20 12 Jan 03

Oh, forgot about you're other query. When you say "monthly fee" are you referring to the new MSN 8 service? Don't be confused between this and the MSN messenger service. If you uninstall MSN messenger, you can always download it again for free from here...click here

Regards

Peter E 15:24 12 Jan 03

...before posting. Sorry for "you're" instead of "your".

^wave^ 15:44 12 Jan 03

has it been upgraded to version 5

bof:) 16:06 12 Jan 03

thanks Peter E and ^wave^,

as far as I know its version 6.

I have asked her to hover mouse over icon and right click, but she has not replied until yesterday...saying still cant get into MSN.

I was just making sure it was safe to reinstall MSN and that she wouldnt end up incuring any cost.

Many thanks for the help folks....I've sent website details to her website so I can download latest version if needed.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017