Slight 'pause' starting program getting longer

duplo 19:20 26 Apr 03

My spec is:

Atlon 2200 on and Nforce 1 MOBO. 512RAM, 120GB (20-50-50 partition) and a 40GB HD.
XP installed on 20GB partition on 120Drive, 2K on 40GB drive.

In XP For some reason over the past few days my system seems to hang for a few moments when I start programs. This never happened befor, the install is fairly clean. It happens with almost all prgrmas, from IE to Games.

My drive is regularly defragged?.And I have just run a Virus Scan which showed nothing (I have the lates downloads).

I installed some updates a few days ago (automatic updates) and I thought I may be those, although I am unsure.

Today I was using 2000 briefly and when I went to shut down it froze, when I re-set, I got a Bios check sum error, I re-set again and it started OK. I recieved a check sum error once befor on this system a few months back, when I was installing W2K.

Any ideas, I'm in the midst of UNI work and would like to know what it could be...

Cheers...

VoG™ 19:26 26 Apr 03

Try uninstalling the update referred to in click here

powerless 19:26 26 Apr 03

It's one of those updates.

Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Scroll down and remove the Q811493 update.

click here

duplo 20:10 26 Apr 03

Bingo! Lightspeed again! Cheers!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…