Slideshow on TV

Dark Knight 16:16 24 Jun 06

Hi There,

I have (am currently scanning in) a series of photographs that I want to form into a slideshow for someone else to show.

Ideally I would do this via a laptop and projector (which would make things easy) but have serious doubts whether this type of kit (namely the projector) will be available.

Therefore, as an alternative, I want to be able to produce the slideshow to be shown via a tv and simple dvd player.... i.e. I would hope to be able to put the cd in and get it to simply run through the pictures one by one - repeating when it gets to the end if possible. I know some DVD players are capable of doing this directly - but the dvd player owned by the people I doing this for is old and has not got this facility directly. I have no idea how to do this.

What is the best approach to producing a simple slideshow on CD for the system described above?

Thanks in advance

DieSse 17:28 24 Jun 06

Google for vcd slideshow freeware - or dvd slideshow freeware and you'll get lots of suggestions. Such as click here (free trial).

Nero also has a vcd slideshow option - so if you already have Nero, it'll be in there.

Dark Knight 17:32 24 Jun 06

Yup knew it would be simple :o) thanks.

SANTOS7 17:41 24 Jun 06

You will need to find out if the DvD player supports
the CD/DvD media most new players do old players may be a problem..

Terrier 19:12 24 Jun 06

Scan into Picasa 2,click on gift cd, and you will be asked if you wish to have it as a slide show.Make up your CD accordingly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…