'slideshow' photograph numbering

clearwater 17:08 24 Jan 04

I have seen somewhere(I thought it was on this forum or in the Jan.magazine but unable to locate)a quick way of individually numbering all the photo's in sequence with regards to a collection on my comp.rather than numbering each one individually which is very time consumming.

Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated.

Pesala 17:32 24 Jan 04

click here Also see my help page for some more tips click here

$ = Old name

# = 1 digit

You can add incremental prefixes or suffixes to the filename, which is what I guess you want to do

clearwater 23:36 24 Jan 04

Thank you for your response to my query.
However I have now found the article relevant to my question. For information this appears in the Feb.issue of PC Advisor on page 177 'Give your images relevant names'

susiepops 12:56 28 Apr 05

If anyone still has Febuary's copy (Woe is me I threw mine) could they please advise where I should go to sort out the irritating problem of numbering photo files. Thank you.

hssutton 13:56 28 Apr 05

You can do this quite simply within explorer, with one minor problem, this being the first image will not have a number.

Just open the folder containing the images on which you wish to number. Highlight all the images. Right click on the first image and select Rename input name, then hit Enter all the subsequent images will be numbered sequentially.

Obviously as Pesala as already mentioned Irfanview is much more proficient.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…