Slideshow to go?

pj123 21:13 24 Mar 04

Been told this is a good program for making slideshows as a DVD. Currently using Ulead DVD Pictureshow. Doesn't cause me any problems but a friend thinks it is too complicated and doesn't give him enough control. He said a 30 day trial of slideshow to go is available from www. nightwatch. com (spaces to stop a link) but that appears to me to be a website under construction. Tried "slideshowtogo" in google but nothing there resembles what I am looking for. Anyone heard of this program and where is it available please?

swapper 21:29 24 Mar 04

What OS are you using?
Have you had a look atIrfanview at
click here?

woodchip 21:34 24 Mar 04

Ulead Explorer makes slide shows also if you can get it, it's just simple drag drop and burn VCD or SVCD

hssutton 21:39 24 Mar 04

If you want the best get Proshop gold, click here at the moment it will not create DVD. but the new release which is imminent will, IMO it's the best out there, also very easy to use.

pj123 22:09 24 Mar 04

He is using Win98SE. He has Irfanview and also Thumbsplus, both of which can cope with slide shows, but maintains they don't do what he wants. He is very fussy. He has just come back from a 2 month holiday, visiting Thailand, New Zealand and Australia. He is using Ulead DVD Pictureshow but reckons it takes too long to arrange the (700 or so pictures) into the order he wants onto CDs as VCDs to play on his DVD player. I have just spent most of the day (Wednesday) showing him how to do it with Ulead DVD Pictureshow and it works perfectly, but it will only give up to 99 pictures per show, (and we have only done 3 up to now). This means he has to do something like 8 or 9 slideshows with up to 99 pictures in each (and in the order he wants them to be shown) to burn them as a VCD. Sorry, but I wouldn't like to be one of the people sitting there watching this lot. Someone from the Camera Club he belongs to said that "Slideshow To Go" will put all the pictures on a VCD in one go and in the order he wants them. But with the info he has given me I can't find it.

woodchip 22:12 24 Mar 04

The one I said also does just 99, but that's all that fits on a CDR

pj123 22:48 24 Mar 04

woodchip. Sorry if this appears to be knocking you down but Ulead DVD Pictureshow will allow up to 1900 pictures on a CDR. You can have up to 99 Slideshows with up to 99 pictures in each. I have just done 5 slideshows with 65 pictures in each and it has only used 62mb of a 700mb CDR.

frazky 23:20 24 Mar 04

- is this it - no burn tho'

click here

pj123 23:30 24 Mar 04

frazky. Not sure but it looks pretty good to me. Maybe my friend has it wrong and Powerpoint is the way to go. I still think he is better off using Ulead DVD Pictureshow which he has already paid for. OK, so it takes a long time to sort out but the end result is what he wants. Nothing comes easy these days.

frazky 23:38 24 Mar 04

click here

more than 99 i think - take a look.

frazky 23:40 24 Mar 04

(P.S. this is my 2002nd logon and I didnt even notice the 2000th!)goodnight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now