Slideshow for DVD player

rawprawn 11:27 15 Aug 05

I still haven't got this right, I thought I had but I'm afraid not. Using Nero,If I select "Make a photo slideshow (VCD)" I add all the jpeg photos I want then click Next, it then gives me a Title Page, Next then lets me see what I am about to burn.which shows everything OK, Then Next brings me to "Burn" Everything seems OK so I click Burn and that works fine, I get the message successful. When I put the CD into my DVD player it just shows the Title page and will not show the photos.
What am I doing wrong???

johnnyrocker 11:54 15 Aug 05

click here and create the slideshow using that then burn to cd, does your dvd not have a play menu?

johnny.

rawprawn 12:00 15 Aug 05

Thanks for that, I already have Infranview, so I will try it. My DVD does have a play menu, but when I have used Nero nothing appears. I have tried copying using "Copy Data" in Nero and that has part success, but some of the photos are corrupted, but they do show up in the play menu.

€dstowe 12:00 15 Aug 05

Picasa from Google also makes a good slideshow click here

rawprawn 12:05 15 Aug 05

Just having a go, and I am getting an option "Copy slideshow files and infrnview to CD (Data CD)" or "Create Video CD (VCD)" which should I choose?

Joe R 12:10 15 Aug 05

rawprawn,

asuming your dvd player can play them, then vcd is the way to go.

Stuartli 13:06 15 Aug 05

As I mentioned in your previous thread, I create slideshows in Nero by dragging and dropping the pix files into a multisession mode CD-R.

They are viewable in both the DVD-ROM drive and a Kiss/Scan-440LSI DVD player; the Kiss/Scan will also play MP3 CDs with a .jpge image file so you can hear the music and view the pix on TV as a slide show.

The MP3 files and .jpeg files have to be stored in the same folder and the Kiss/Scan automatically starts searching image files.

I've not used this particular feature, having only used the player to show .jpeg files, but the player itself is now around three years old.

It certainly isn't one of your cheapo £30 supermarket models but, even so, I've been told that Asda's cheap Pacific(?) model will play anything placed in its tray...:-)

rawprawn 13:09 15 Aug 05

Thanks Joe R, I have just made a slideshow as €dstowe suggested and it is all on disc and I can play it on my computer, but not on the DVD machine (New Toshiba) When I pull up the "Play menu" it shows Root...0 Picture...1 and at the bottom it shows Mode on the left and Folder Normal on the right. Nothing I seem to do will make it play. I find it is strange that it says "Picture..1" when there are more, unless it is referring to 1 slideshow.
I tried using Infranview, and I don't know what happened but my machine froze and I had to turn it off at the mains and rebot, it seems OK now.
I am having to use CDRW as I am running out of CDR's having had so many dud attempts.

Joe R 13:10 15 Aug 05

Stuartli,

spot on about the Pacific model sold by Asda.

It plays anything you throw at it, and @ around £30, it's a steal.

P.S. my kids have used this player for nearly three years now, and it still runs perfectly.

Joe R 13:14 15 Aug 05

rawprawn,

i'm not familiar with the Toshiba models, so can't comment on them.

Have you another dvd player you can use to try them on.

I myself use Roxio slideshow for my own photos, and it plays perfectly on the cheap but good Pacific model above.

€dstowe 13:38 15 Aug 05

My apologies. I've just read that Picasa will not play on a stand alone DVD player and television.

Sorry about that.

From what I've just read in IrfanView as well, that is the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…