Slide show using Premiere

johnexpgn 12:20 13 Dec 03

I am wanting to use Adobe Premiere 5.1 with a Matrox RT2000 video card to make a slide show on DVD or video cd with sound and transitions.
I am proposing to import the still images (in JPGformat) to the time line and then export the final project to the DVD or CD writer . I am confused as to what format to export the project in!
According to the Premiere User guide the export file types available are: AVI, Animated GIF, Filmstrip, Flc/Fli, GIF sequence, Quick Time, Targa sequence, TIFF sequence, Windows bitmap.
I know that to export a video to DVD it has to be in MPEG 2. Does this apply to stills as well as video? Unfortunately I cannot easily export in MPEG 2 format without going through other laborious software.
Has anybody out there done this and have they any tips and /or advice?

MichelleC 13:34 13 Dec 03

As far as I know you need to render to mpeg2 for dvd. Or you could render to mpeg1 for vcd (cd) which is read by most dvd players. Or you could render to avi, then this universal format can be seen and used by burning and other dv editing software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…