slide show from pics

yaesu 17:43 03 Mar 09

Hi folks, I've recently tried Nero 9 as a trial. Unfortunately it hasn't been a pleasant experience! with frequent crashes and refusals to start despite appearing in task manager processes column. Is there an alternative which I can use to make a slide show from my pictures with added music which will also burn a dvd which will run on my TV dvd player. (nero will do this when it decides to work!) Photo story works but won't burn to a suitable format. Free would obviously be nice!!
TIA, regards, yaesu

Bagsey 18:42 03 Mar 09

Have a look at this. It is not free but is good.
click here

If you are already using Photostory you could download the Plug in that allows DVDs to be burned. From Here
click here
Again not free but cheap.

muddypaws 18:46 03 Mar 09

Try this:
click here
I have used it for 2 or 3 years. Dead easy to use.
It is free, but you have to pay ( about a tenner I think) if you want the DVD burning part of it. Which is very handy to have as it installs into the main programme and is one of the options at the end if you want to burn.

eedcam 18:48 03 Mar 09

If you can save your file as WMV or avi then just use DVD flick its free and will burn and author to dvd
click here

muddypaws 18:50 03 Mar 09

yaesu
Bagsey's second link is the DVD part of PS3 in my link.
Bagsey--our lines just crossed there.

yaesu 19:27 03 Mar 09

Thanks folks, I'll have a look, yaesu

Yimbo 18:04 04 Mar 09

Like you, I've been looking for a program to make slideshows for TV viewing. I've tried a few - but I recently bought "Magix Photos on CD & DVD deluxe 6" from Amazon, and after an initial learning curve, I think it's great - lots of help available complete with video tutorials. I.d recommend it!

yaesu 20:01 04 Mar 09

Tnx all. Yimbo, looks great and available as a download for $14.99 (about a tenner) from here click here
might give it a go. Regards, yaesu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…