Slide show on a pen drive - How?

jonmac 16:54 24 Nov 09

I have to give a presentation at a local school and they have digital white boards and overhead projectors. Unfortunately the only software they have for displaying a slideshow doesn't allow me to more fully fill the screen with the images on my pen-drive. Their IT people seem to have removed Windows Explorer with its slideshow option from the right-click menu and there's not an "All Programmes" option to look for an alternative.
Is there a way of putting some basic slideshow software on the drive which would only output the end result to the screen and not make it think sosmeone was trying to load software to the system?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 24 Nov 09

Load Portable apps to you pen rive and use the open office impress program to run a presentation.

click here

BT 17:15 24 Nov 09

Download LPJ slideshow from
click here

All you have to do is copy the Slideshow.exe file into your folder of pictures. Click on the file to run the slideshow.

Graphicool1 17:18 24 Nov 09

Have a look at this, it's a flash slide show maker and it's free for today only...
click here
It has templates, a selection of effects and you can add music if you want to.

jonmac 17:56 24 Nov 09

Thanks all for the replies. One thing I didn't make plain perhaps is that in the absence of Explorer you can't view non-photo files to click on them so the slide show would have to run automatically on insertion of the pen drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:14 24 Nov 09

Portable Apps will auto run a menu system so you can then select the application you wish to run.

jonmac 22:16 24 Nov 09

Oh dear, tried the Open Office route first but must have a bad first intallation on hd because there's no obvious way to start any constituent apps and also no apparent way to uninstall as it doesn't appear in add/remove progs list. Seems I'm stuck with it.
I did try Irfanview but although I followed the instructions for a auto-starting CD, with modifications for the pen drive, that didn't work either.

woodchip 23:12 24 Nov 09

I have one that will do it with a Floppy drive, but its part of my old Corel WordPerfect Office version 8 there must be software that will do it. If they did all that time ago with Presentation software in the above. it also allows you to pick the ones you want to see so although its one slide it can be used for different audiences. Not forgetting that a Floppy is only 1.33Meg in size

woodchip 23:14 24 Nov 09

PS when its made it works on any PC with a floppy drive

six-h 00:17 25 Nov 09

Graphicool1,
I downloaded iPixSoft from your link.
Not impressed.
only a few basic tempates, following the nag screen link, you get "Forbidden" presumably 'till you've paid for a "Key", and most importantly any slide shows you make are defaced by a watermark until you buy the full software.

Not up to the usual standards of "Give away of the day"!

jonmac 06:28 25 Nov 09

So, any suggestions for effective software to remove an incomplete installation? I'm loathe to try a reinstallation of Open Office.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…