SLI & CPU

dmertl 12:17 18 May 05

I see SLI mentioned alot on new Motherboards. Can anyone tell me what it stands for and what it means????

Also I have an old P4 2.4Ghz 400fsb that I'm currently using. I want to change and use an AMD Athlon. What would be the best CPU to go for and what would be the best MB to get for it??

Many thanks

bosmere 15:23 18 May 05

For SLI click here

God Doesn't Play Dice 15:35 18 May 05

If you want a new AMD cpu then definitely go for an AMD Athlon 64 but make sure that it is the new socket 939 as this will be compatible with the newest dual core processors coming out in the future.

Go with something like an AMD Athlon 64 4000 if you want extreme gaming performance or if you want an even faster computer go with a fx-55. These are extremely fast and have 1mb of l2 cache.

But if you want a simple workstation for the occasional games go with a 3000 or 3200 as these will be fine for everyday use.

Dont forget to get a good graphics card if you want a good gaming rig or no matter how fast the cpu is youll get rubbish results.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…