sli on asrock

mangojava 19:43 21 Apr 07

hi does anyone know or confirm if it is true that sli on asrock 939sli-esata2 will cease to function after the release of forceware drivers ???

Totally-braindead 19:48 21 Apr 07

I don't understand what you mean. How could a Forceware driver from Nvidia stop you using SLI?
Could you give a link to where you read this or some idea of exactly what you mean.
As far as I am concerned the driver is the same for SLI and non SLI its the motherboard that sets up the two cards together. I could be wrong with that but theres many people using SLI and I haven't heard anything. Could you explain more?

mangojava 20:03 21 Apr 07

it is true
soon as nvidia ought the uli chip they have disbale the sli on all uli chips click here,

Totally-braindead 20:22 21 Apr 07

I'm afraid you link didn't work so I'm none the wiser.

Bit puzzled as to what you say though, first you ask if it is true that SLI is disabled on a particular board then you post back saying it is true.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong but it seems a very strange way of selling something and I'll explain what I mean. AsRock sell motherboards, if they sell a motherboard with SLI then its not unreasonable to assume that you can install 2 graphics cards and run them in SLI mode. Nvidia sell graphics cards, they are advertised as SLI ready or not as the case may be. If Nvidia update their graphics card driver so that SLI cannot be used then surely that is commercial suicide.

Is this what you are saying they have done? If so and it is true they will get so much stick that they will have to create a driver that will work with SLI.

I would appreciate it if you could provide another link to the item you mention so I can read it.

mangojava 18:01 22 Apr 07

try this click here or this click here

Totally-braindead 18:09 22 Apr 07

Interesting, thank you for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…