SLI Adaptors

n4165si 14:37 16 Oct 07

How would i know if both graphics cards in my system are operative .I had to take them out because i had a No Signal and a some lurid colours on start up ,i was advised to reseat the display cards and the memory cards ,but on start up it mentioned something about non sli configuration ,and under device manager it only mentions one card

wotbus@ 14:42 16 Oct 07

You could try one card at a time. Look in the BIOS Setup for SLI configs with regard to your particular MOBO.

wotbus@ 15:14 16 Oct 07

Just remembered. On my ASUS mobo there is a connecting piece to physically link the VGA cards together. The cards take a slot each then this piece (adaptor) has to be fitted. Do you have the same and have you replaced it?

n4165si 16:03 16 Oct 07

wotbus@
I have an Azus Mobo Board ,i have always thought that they connected the VGA cards automatically ,could you tell me what this link looks like ,Thank you,is it an internal or external link piece

User-1159794 19:02 16 Oct 07

If you have a look here click here
you will see the orange rectangle on the right hand side,about 2 inches up.Thats the connector.

n4165si 13:23 17 Oct 07

Rapscallion
Thank you for that ,i have had a look and my cards two 6800xt are connected via a loom on the end of the cards, ,there are no connectors on the front of the cards as the demonstration shows and therefore no bridging strap . but is there someway of ascertaining if both cards are enabled ?

crosstrainer 13:29 17 Oct 07

Not usually enabled by default. Right click the desktop and choose Nvidia control panel...From here you can enable SLI. It would also be a good idea to download the latest drivers from:

click here

Making sure to select your card and UK English

n4165si 13:51 17 Oct 07

crosstrainer
okay ,i have downloaded and installed the new driver and clicked on the SLI enable ,which now states that the cards are enabled,I can now get the NVDIA Control panel which i haven't been able to get ,so every thing now seems to be okay ,Thanks again to all of you for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac